life as I know it

life as I know it
We love all of it!!!!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My Thoughts on our Love of Animals.



My heart goes out to the Bayfield Bunch and their loss of Checkers. All of the animals that Mike and I have living with us came from different paths. CD ( Cemetary Dog) Black gal on Mike's lap was abandoned at the cemetary down the lane from our house. She had been living there for appoximately a month when we spied her, pretty emaciated and not approachable ( that is an understatement). It took us many weeks of going down to the cemetary and enticing her with leftovers to get her to follow us home. She had huge trust issues and would only stay in the garage if we left the door up. It was winter in Michigan and bitterly cold. Obviously from the pic she has been won over YEA, that was several years ago and she is our sweetheart. Donna aka Madonna is a Boxer owned by a nurse I worked with. Her life was living in a cage while her owner was working. If left in the fenced back yard she would dig under to freedom. Now she has the freedom to roam on our acreage and some one to play with. Cats have always come to our house, usually univited but they tend to stay. Angie and Bennie loved to sleep together. They were Brother and Sister . Unfortunately Bennie liked to travel the roadways and was run over. We have a cemetary of sorts for our beloved pets here on our property from dogs, to cats and horses. Each one was and is unique and gave us much more than we gave them. I was raised in a family that never had pets and I guess I have been making up for lost time ever since. Checkers RIP you have beautiful eyes. Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment